cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

UDF in Goods Issue Form

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to create one UDF in Goods Issue screen (Inventory module)-header level. But I could not found the appropriate place in the category field of Manage User Defined Field window from where I usually create UDFs. How can I create?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Goods Issue Sceen under Inventory is also a Marketing Document.

The UDF's created at the 'Title' level and 'Row Level' in Marketing Documents are available to 'Goods Issue' screen also.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanx both of u for help.

If I want to put a UDF in particular one marketing document then how can I assign it.

I know there is a way to group UDFs. But is there any other way?

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please explain your question

*If I want to put a UDF in particular one marketing document then how can I assign it.

I know there is a way to group UDFs. But is there any other way?*

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sibasish

You can categories your UDFs based on your requirement. Suppose you have an UDF for SO and another for PO. But both the UDF you have created under Marketing Documents -> Header.

Now open the SO screen, activate the UDF Window by pressing CtrlShiftU, then Tools -> User-defined fields -> Settings. Here you can create two categories like SO & PO. Assign the desired field under catergory SO and uncheck the visible option for other field(s). And in the UDF window select the Category SO instead of General.

Follow the same steps for PO also.

Now, when you re-open the SO or PO screen you can see only the relevant UDFs.

Thanks

Anjan Bhowmick

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello,

Goods Issue and Goods Receipt are also similar to Marketing documents and the User fields should be created in

Marketing Document > Header

Gordon: You may also please make a note of this..

Best wishes

Suda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sibasish,

UDF is not available for all forms. Especially in inventory module, there are very limited tables allow UDF. Goods Issue will not be included in the Inventory but under Marketing Documents because of the same table structure.

Thanks,

Gordon