cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Demand on VC material not visible in SNP planning book

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

Is there any way to plan VC (Variant Configuration ) materials in SNP at the group level ?

I will explain the scenario more in details below

I have an VC material say X. Material X has end product Y attached to it (material variant). When material X is cifed to APO, it appears as configurable product in APO & is a top level product. Now when I create a demand on material X through DP, the demand appears in product view (RRP3). However the demand does not appear in the SNP planning book nor it gets selected during background planning run. The system is configured as Variant Configuration & not CDP.

Is it possible to plan material X in SNP ? If possible how can the demand be read in SNP ?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Sandeep

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sandeep,

One of the limitations of Characteristics Based Forecasting is, CBF results can only be used in PPDS and not in SNP, hence it is not possible to plan that material X in SNP. Even though you use MC90 transaction which is release DP to SNP, but the data will not be available in SNP

That material X will be planned only in PPDS, there are two ways to plan, those are

1. one way is by releasing CBF results to active version using MC90 transaction, during this release, you should maintain consumption group in release settings and in product master, in this case you have to use Forecast Check/Allocation check as a part of ATP/GATP, here you can not use CTP or MATP

2.the other way is by releasing CBF results to inactive version using MC90 transaction, during this release you should not define consumption groups, generate the dependent requirements in inactive verison using heuristics in PPDS , and convert dependent requirements from inactive version to Forecast - active version using /SAPAPO/DMP2 transaction, in this case you can use MATP/CTP as a part of GATP

-Deepak

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Deepak for the reply. This in line with what I was also guessing

Thanks & Regards

Sandeep