Items not appearing in Search to Add to Cart
I have setup a demo system using the US Demo database and am struggling to work out why no items are being returned when i am trying to search or add an item to a quote or sales order.
Checks i have done already:
1. Items have syncronised - the Items appear in the Catalog > Items, I can search for items in this area, drill down on detail etc. Pricing is visible etc. in WebTools
2. they are assigned to the Online Catalog, the Online Catalog is assigned to the Basic theme, this Theme is set as the default Theme.
To reproduce the issue:
1. Select Sales > Quotes > New Quote
2. Choose Earthshaker (or other BP), click Save
3. CART tab appears, Put cursor in colDescription field
a. Type item code directly in (eg. A00001) then click save .... screen is refreshed but no line data appears.
b. click the blue => to go to search. In ltlKeyword field i have tried terms like print... IBM... and even the item code and then clicked the Display (glasses) icon and nothing appears. In this search screen the other criteria include Online Catalog as the catalog selected, and Make is set and is the Only option.
I am hoping this is just a setup option i have missed. Note: only using the CRM side not Ecommerce.
Your assistance is appreciated.
When items are synchronised across from B1 to webtools they are by default not marked as available.
for each of the items you want to transact in you need to make sure that they are ticked as available ( i.e. active ) and that the start date and expiry date (if set) are earlier (and later) than the current date. To set these parameters individually per item go to
Catalog > Items >Item Info : Availability
Alternatively you can use bulk operations to set all items returned in a search to Active ( = available )
The Available flag matches the User Defined Field 'Available on Web' in B1so the same thing can be achieved by setting this to 'Y' in B1, updating and synchronising to Webtools
One other thing, I am aware that it is probably better to set up your own catalog(s) rather than use the default online catalog as this is really only a holding area to which all B1 items get synchronised. You can use the copy catalog function to do this. For testing however it probably doesn't make any difference.