cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Put-away Strategy for addition to existing stock

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sir or everyone

When I set the strategy for put away by choosing I (addition to existing stock) and then I tested GR the goods that the system will genarate batch number automatically then I ketp the goods that to the bins.

After finishing process 1. I GR the goods which is same material but not same batch number. why the system suggested these materials to another bins no same bins? If I want to keep there materials same bins but differance batch number, how will I set for this case of strategy I that have addition stock to same material and batch ;moreover, have GR various times?

Thank you very much

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Addition to existing stock strategy is based on quant characterstic. Batch number is one of the characterstic of quant.

In ur case when the system finds next batch number the quant characterstic changes hence it puts it in another bin.

You can activate mixed storage and deactivate addition to existing stock to meet the requirement partially.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar

Thank you for you answer. but I would like to know further in your answers when I should strategy I Mixed storage choose X, Addn to stock choose X, SUT check and Capacity check method choose 2 As you explaned to me that I simulated case for GR 2 times which the system will suggest batch 2 number for same material but I want to keep it to same bins but differant quat/batch. Therefore, how do I maintain/configure and also what strategy will I use for this case?. please you help/advice me

Thank you/regard.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Standard SAP does not advice that u should allow addition to existing stock and mixed storage activated together.

Since batch number set as quant characterstic is a standard setting in SAP, u cannot change it. Better go for an user exit at the time of determination of startegy puttingthe logic that if material numbers are same and batch number are different then look for the bin with the same material id and ignore the batch number.

Answers (0)