cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Prevent copy cancelled billing into return order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Is there any standard routine in copying control (billing -> sales) that I can set to prevent copy billing that already cancelled into sales return order?

Regards,

Jr.SD

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

What do you mean by coping the cancelled doc into the return order?

When you cancel the billing doc, it will just be updated as invoice cancel in the doc flow. It willnot copy into the return order.

Are you talking about cancellation doc S3? If that is the case, then donot maintain copy controls from S3 to RE order type in VTAF. Returns order will usually be copied from the invoice.. not the cancellation doc S3.

If you are talking of a scenario where the customer has been billed, then you cancelled the invoice & then created the returns then this is not the process.

If you raise a invoice for the customer for which payment is not made & the customer has to return the goods, then copy the returns order RE from the original order OR. In that case even when you cancel the billing doc & the customer has returned, RE will refer OR. Not F2.

Regards,

Sivanand

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

Thanks for reply. My sceriono is I create 1 invoice (10001) and cancel this invoice, the problem is I still create return order with reference to invoice no.10001 that already cancelled. How to prevent this problem?

Regards,

Jr.SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe my requirements is not clear. Let see this step:-

1. Create sales order -> Delivery order -> Billing (#10001)

2. Cancel billing #10001

3. Create new billing #10002

My problem is I can create return order with reference billing #10001.

Sorry for my English is not good but hope you can understand and please give me for and idea to solved this problem.

Thanks & Regards,

Jr.SD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I have created a billing and cancelled the same. Now when I try to create a return sale order referencing this cancelled invoice, system is not allowing me to create.

So check your copy control in VTAF whether you have maintained the following at header level:-

DataT:::::::::::::::::::::::::::052

DataT:::::::::::::::::::::::::::103

DataT::::::::::::::::::::::::::::003

Copying requirements::::: 021

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Copy control from billing -> sales at header level is same as your suggestion and system allow me to create return order with reference to cancelled billing.

Regards,

Jr.SD

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

By the by, please also check the following copy control in VTAF at item level.

DataT::::::::::::::::::153

DataT::::::::::::::::::104

DataT::::::::::::::::::004

Copying requirements:::303

Update document flow::::X

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lakshmipathi,

Thanks again but copy control at item level also same as your suggestion.

Hi Yap,

Invoice #10001 has really been cancelled. VBRK-FKSTO is marked.

Regards,

Jr.SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

After checking the code in 021 copying requirements at Header level I think that it should be copied into a new routine and additional check for cancellation i.e. VBRK-FKSTO shoule be validated before copying is allowed.

The copying requirement 021 is checking only for currency, customer and sales area. Nowhere a check is done for the cancellation status of the billing document.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It seem can not be done by standard routine right? Just to be sure because my policy is use standard SAP, no customization.

Regards,

Jr.SD

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, junior SD.

don't give up just yet.

i got another hunch. i haven't tested it yet, but maybe item category completion rule may also have something to do with your situation. still on extended leave but will check on this as soon as i get back.

regards.

Lakshmipathi
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Have you checked the item category in VOV7 for the field "Completion Rule", where you should have maintained "B" ??

thanks

G. Lakshmipathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yap, Lakshmipathi,

Many thanks for your help, completion rule in VOV7 is "B"

Regards,

Jr.SD

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello again.

when you cancel the invoice, go back to the original sales order and check document flow. make sure that the invoice has really been cancelled.

post again for latest info.

regards.

p.s.

i am curious. when you cancel the invoice, there should be an indicator that this has indeed been cancelled. i don't recall the exact field. please check in table VBRK for this indicator. check the indicator for your cancelled invoice.

Former Member
0 Kudos

hello, friend.

i am not sure if this is necessary. when you cancel an invoice, the system updates the document flow. if in VTFA, there is a copy control relationship between F2 and RE, then when F2 is cancelled most likely you could not reference the invoice when creating RE.

however, i will double check and try to get back to you.

regards.