cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get max ranking value?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I have a situation where I can calculate the ranked top 10 values of a key figure using a condition. One of the columns I have uses the ranking calculation.

So I now have the top 10 values. I now need the maximum ranking value so I can know what the ranking is out of. So I would like to show the following:

Rank Out of

1 157

2 157

3 157

4 157

10 157

So even though I am only showing 10 values in need to know the maximum number of records for the 'Out of' column.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member204514
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi, Try to create a Restricted Key figure and put count for that. Regards aanand

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

To get the 'out of' column, I used a constant selection on a calculated key figure. That way I was able to get the maximum no matter how many records I showed in the resulting query.

The calculated key figure uses the count operation along with the 'total' exception aggregation.

Thanks for the suggestions. Points awarded.

Former Member
0 Kudos

you need to count the no.of occurence of the KF and use it in the report. Use the CKF concept.

Thanks...

Shambhu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses. I've tried the maximum on the column, but it doesn't give me the correct value as ranking seems only to be a virtual number and thus is inaccessable.

I've tried using the restricted and calculated key figure methods, but they don't bring back what I need.

If I do a calculated key figure where I use the count operator, and then use exception aggregation using total and then using the characteristic I have in my my rows, all I get is a list of 1's.

Is there something I'm missing in the calculated key figure?

Thanks for the help!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Micheal,

Create a new formula and in the properties set result single values as Max.

Best Regards,

Hima