cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to make custom ABAP screens in BAdI works in WebUI?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am new to CRM 2007 and in the process of upgrading CRM 4.0 into CRM 2007.

In CRM 4.0 system here the users don't use web client (SAP GUI only) therefore all the custom screens were developed using normal ABAP screen (SE51) in BAdI. With CRM 2007 the requirement is to use the new CRM web UI and all the custom screens which reside in BAdI can't be executed when running the standard transaction e.g Create Quotation -> system will throw BSP error.

Can anybody please help to advise on the way forward to make custom ABAP screens in BAdI works in WebUI?

Do I need to convert all the created custom screen into BSP WD application?

If I need to convert the screen then how to call this screen in the BAdI?

Thanks in advance for any reply.

Regards,

Chris.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Chris,

I'm affraid that you'll have to re-develop all the custom screens you created... There is no way to 'convert' GUI screens into WebUI screens, you'll have to define them from scratch using BSP WD application.

It's worth the effort to look at the default SAP screens, I'm pretty sure that you can reuse them and extend them, this is much much easier than creating WebUI screens from scratch!!!

Good luck!

Kind regards,

Joost

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamesh,

Thank you for your comment however that's not answering the problem.

My requirement is : we have a custom action where we coded the action to call an ABAP dynpro screen in BAdI.

Since this screen can't be displayed in CRM web UI then I need to create from scratch the screen using BSP WD application. My question is how to call this BSP WD application from the BAdI?

Is there any class method or function module that I should use for this?

Thanks,

Chris

CarstenKasper
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

probably you will not like to hear this: As far as I know it is not possible.

I had a lot to do with the business partner duplicate check in a CRM 5.1 project (The first new UI release) There we tried to integrate an existing duplicate check where a 3rd party vendor implemented the logic in BAdI screens. After some (very) long talks with SAP we all came to the conclusion that this is not possible.

The solution can be seen by everyone when you look at the BP_HEAD component where the duplicate check is integrated.

SAP decided to employ an approach that is using error messages. In short:

The BAdI is used in the background as normal. When a Screen should be triggered, the BAdI adds an error message to the UI message container. In the UI coding there is a check for those messages and if it is there, a PopUp gets triggered. This can show the converted BAdI screen.

Hope it will give you a start. In CRM 5.1 we had one SAP consultant (A lot changes are in SAP namespace) taking care of this within three weeks. Suppose it depends on the stuff you want to achive...

Please reply back if it helps or you got some questions.

cheers Carsten

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Joost,

Thank you for your reply. Do you know how to call the BSP WD application that I want to create from the BAdI?

Thanks,

Chris.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Chris

As a first step, find out the Web UI application that you want to use(as a replacement for SAP GUI).

Once you are in that Web UI Application, put the Cursor on one of the field and press F2. This triggers a Pop Up showing some technical details about the Web UI appplication . Then go to the UI workbench and put the UI application name and press DISPLAY.

Now you are in WEb UI Application that needs to be adjusted with some custom screens.

You have to use the concept of [UI Enhancement |http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm60/helpdata/en/31/33591017f24cb68ef6ebf2ff575c2d/content.htm] to adding/Changing anything om the standard Component.

I hope this throws more light on the things to do on the UI side !

Thanks

Allot points if this helps!