SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dependency between objects

former_member487858
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Friends,

In IS-U , I have found three objects in Network graphic, for the Archiving object CA_BUPA.

The objects are

CACS00_CAS

CACS00_DOC

CACS_CTRT.

Whether it is needed to finish archiving of these three objects before I finish CA_BUPA.

Can any one give some suggestions.

Thanks

Shree

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

CA_BUPA is a dependent archiving object. It is dependent on all the 3 archiving object that you have mentioned CACS00_CAS, CACS00_DOC & CACS_CTRT.

If Business partner is closed, (mean which there should be no open items such as open service ticket / Service Order/ Follow-up ticket / or other transactions) then you can archive the Business partners.

If your are archiving dependences and then archive BP's then system will keep the technical link between the BP's and other data even after archiving.

If you archive BP first and later if you try to archive other dependent archiving objects then % of data archived will less.

Based on that you can take a call.

From my experience in archiving Customer master record in R/3 system, i can say that you can directly archive BP's if they are business completed.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Kumar on Sep 29, 2008 2:45 PM

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Swarna,

CA_BUPA is a dependent archiving object. It is dependent on all the 3 archiving object that you have mentioned CACS00_CAS, CACS00_DOC & CACS_CTRT.

If Business partner is closed, (mean which there should be no open items such as open service ticket / Service Order/ Follow-up ticket / or other transactions) then you can archive the Business partners.

If your are archiving dependences and then archive BP's then system will keep the technical link between the BP's and other data even after archiving.

If you archive BP first and later if you try to archive other dependent archiving objects then % of data archived will less.

Based on that you can take a call.

From my experience in archiving Customer master record in R/3 system, i can say that you can directly archive BP's if they are business completed.

-Thanks,

Ajay

Edited by: Ajay Kumar on Sep 29, 2008 2:45 PM