Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Authorisation issue for Purchasing

I want to set authorisation for a user to post AP invoices if the total amount is the same as the PO but not otherwise.

I have set the authorisation for AP invoice to 'Full Authorisation' and the Goods Receipt PO to 'Read only' and found I have to set the Max.Discount to 0.00 in order to prevent any discrepency between the amount of the PO and the amount of the actual invoice being reconciled by a discount appearing in the 'Discount%' field when the amount of the actual invoice is entered in the 'Total Payment Due' field.

However I want the user to be able to post the invoice if there is a discount recorded on the PO which has been copied through to the Goods Receipt PO and to the A/P invoice but this doesn't seem to be allowed unless the Max.Discount is set to a % which encompasses this discount - and if I do that the system then automatically fills in a discount in the Discount% field on the AP invoice if the total amount of the actual invoice is different to the amount of the PO.

I'd be grateful for any advice on resolving this so that the user can post an invoice only if the amount matches the Goods Receipt PO - even if there is a discount already there.

replied

The Query based Approval Procedure will only work if you copy a Goods Receipt completely to an A/P Invoice, which I hope is the case.

SELECT 'TRUE' FROM [dbo].[OPDN] T0 
WHERE ISNULL(T0.DiscSum,0) != $[$42.0.Number] AND T0.DocEntry = $[PCH1.BaseEntry]

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question