cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

WHERE F2 IS ASSIGN TO RV

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi friends!!!!

when we create invoice , then system create accounting document in background (RV is document type ) and

we have billing document type F2 my question is

1.)WHERE F2 IS ASSIGN TO RV

2.)and in SD as we can define number of different billing document from F2 like that can we define RV in finance

and can we assign each billing document to respective RV document

thanks in advance

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member550050
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

The answer for your qn no 1 is at billing doc type

In t code VOFA in the general control tab there is a field called document type here we give the accounting doc type

That is in billing doc type we define what type of accounting doc it has to generate

If you leave this blank then the system by default takes the accounting type as RV

I think for F2 that is left blank in standard settings hence the system automatically takes RV

Defining accounting doc types i think is not our job it is FI'S job

IT is denined in IMG-->FINANCIAL ACCOUNTING NEW>ACCOUNTS RECEIVABLE AND PAYABLE->BUSINESS TRANSACTIONS->POSTING WITH ALTERNATE RECONSALLATION AC->OTHER SPECIAL G.L TRANSACTIONS->CARRY OUT AND CHECK DOC TYPES----> DEFINE DOC TYPES T code is OBA7

Regards

Raja

Edited by: ramanathan raja on Sep 28, 2008 9:46 PM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks a lot friends

srinivasa_maruvada
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi

Goto TCode VOFA

Select billing type F2

Check at General control box

Check Document type. RV document is assigned here.

Cheers

Srinivas

Former Member
0 Kudos

As explained in this thread, RV is taken as default accounting document type if no document type is mentioned in the billing document type.

Accounting document number ranges can be maintined company code/document type wise using transaction FBN1. An interesting point to note here is that actual billing document number can be triggered as accounting document number. To do this maintain the same number range for RV as that of billing document type number range. Check the external checkbox. This will ensure that the accounting document number will always be same as that of the billing document number.

Regards,

GSL.