cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing SAP for the First Time on Windows

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have purchased a Laptop from Dell with which I've got Windows Vista. Now, I would like to install SAP ECC 6.0 and would like to know the detailed Steps involved in Installing SAP. To be very specific, here is what my configuration is.

2.4 GHz of Core 2 Duo

4 GB RAM

320 GB Hard Drive

Windows Vista Home Edition

Here is what I would like to know.

1. I am aware that SAP Cannot be run on Vista. How do I start with Formatting my Disk?

2. What Operating System Version of Windows can I install among the Ones I have? Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP?

3. Step by Step guide to Install SAP after the OS is Installed.

Please help on this.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkata Phani Prasad Konduri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

1. I am aware that SAP Cannot be run on Vista. How do I start with Formatting my Disk?

Insert the OS CD and boot from it.

2. What Operating System Version of Windows can I install among the Ones I have? Windows Server 2003 or Windows XP?

I´d go for Windows 2003.

3. Step by Step guide to Install SAP after the OS is Installed.

Read the installation guides at http://service.sap.com/instguides.

Markus

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Have you found your doc ?

-F

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not Completely. I was actually looking for some Documentation which is Self-Explanatory.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Installing a SAP system is not installing MS-Office.

The installation guides are (for my understanding) really really good. And yes, I know it´s much to read and much to understand - but if you do not understand them, it´s very difficult to do such an installation (no offense).

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Refering to the Instructions available in Service Market Place about the Installation Procedure.

Thanks and Regards,

Venkat Phani Prasad Konduri