cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to create the good received list before actual goods receipt?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Current process at client's end.

1)Shipment arrives from vendor

2)Warehouse prints the reception note (with the system generated no.), based on the purchase order (usually referenced on package or vendor paperwork)

3)Warehouse confirms the correct product was shipped by the vendor and hand writes the quantity, lot #, and the zone/location where the material has been stored in the warehouse (they also write down if there are any problems with the shipment, etc)

4)The reception note, along with all of the vendor paperwork is transferred to the purchasing department, who then processes goods receipt based on the information written on the Reception note.

How to to map above in SAP?

(In SAP GR is printed after it is created, whereas client wants the printout before GR is created.)

Thanks in advance,

Sanjog

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I wonder why purchasers should do GR...

The goods arive at the warehouse and WH staff checks / receives them, so normally the should do the GR.

If they do mistake, GR can be cancelled.

I think your client should revise its process...

What is the sense of giving a paper, with same details as the GR would have, to the purchaser who books the GR based on that paper w/o ever seeing the goods?

I just want to say that in your process the purchaser depends on the information provided by WH staff. Why cannot be the booking executed the WH? And why can purchaser book the GR using the same information?

In case of normal process (GR done by WH staff) purchaser could check the GR in SAP w/o a physical "paperflow"...

Please explain their reason not to do this way.

Regards,

Csaba

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

there is a solution for this that SAP provides is Non valuated Good recipt.

the moment vendor sends its material make 103 posting in SAP through MIGO. it'll post the material in GR blocked stock.

once Warehouse confirms the correct product release the material from GR block stock, post 105 mov through MIGO.

It may resolve ur concern.

Rgds

S