cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Expences in service call

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all!

I create a service call with VIP template contract that has coverage Part.

When i add an expence for this service calll through Invoce.

Do customer pay this expence ? i see balance of this customer is increase.

CAn you explain for me?

Thank you!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

THanks

former_member200818
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please go through SAP Note: 861724 - How to stop posting to BP Receivable in Service Call Expense

Symptom

If we check the checkbox (Part, Labor, and travel) in Service Contract ->coverages tab, then in Service Call -> Expense tab, we add the expenses (Invoice with parts of item), the checkbox 'Bill' besides the invoice is uncheck. Afterwards, we still need to pay for that invoice.

Other terms

Bill, Service, Expense, Service Call, invoice

Solution

When 'Parts' in the Service -> Service Contract -> Coverage tab is checked, the "Bill" box in the "Expenses Details" window will be unchecked after you add an AR Invoice via Service -> Service Call -> Expense tab -> Expense Details -> New documents.

If you do not want to pay to this customer (post to the customer's receivable), please do not add the AR invoice but add "Delivery" document or "Transferred to Technician" (Service -> Service Call -> Expense tab -> Expense Details -> New documents )

Hope this SAP note will help you understand system behaviour and a solution how to deal with this situation.

Regards

Satish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again!

How about invoice. Is it designed what for? When we use invoice if we cover part or labor in service call?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Tien,

Invoice is designed for billing. If you use invoice in service call, then the financial obligation will be included by default. Delivery, on the other hand, will only linked to your inventory. Customer's account balance shall not be affected in the later case.

Thanks,

Gordon