Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PIR consumption at different plant

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello dear gurus,

Here's a tough one; I have a situation (quite common) where there's a supply chain with one manufacturing plant and a number (like 4) of distribution plants. (CPG)

Normaly in SAP in such a situation you need to maintain PIRs for each distribution plant (there's where sales take place), and with special procurement key relate the supply to the manufacturing plant.

Thing is that in my case customer is not willing to maintain PIRs for each DC, but rather have one global forecast (at manufacturing plant level). To accomodate that I made a development that reflects the available stocks in DCs as supply elements in MFG. plant, so we can run one MRP planning run to get production planning.

My yet unsolved problem is the incorrect consumption of PIRs. I use strategy 10.

Ideally was if I found a way to consume planning in the MFG plant with sales in the DCs.

Any ideas?

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Where are you maintaining PIR? Is it in DC or manufactering plant?

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

In the manufacturing plant of course, otherwise there's no problem!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

If you are maintaining the PIR in manufactering plant system will take the stock of manufactering plant.

Requirement will flow from DC to manufactering plant, In this case you maintain the requirement from in the form of PR from DC, how the system will understand the requirement from DC.

Hence correct and stright forward way is you need to maintai n stg 40 in C and maintain special stock indicator. Hence system will create PR after considering the stock at DC.

If this is not the case, you need to go for ZMRP.

Please come back your view is different and looking for some thing different

madlercm
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sorry Vittal, but this is not what I'm looking for.

Certainly I've hanged a bit the logic as described, not ZMRP though!

Maybe what I'm looking is not possible without some further development, question is then, what kind of?