cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Z developed packages to another system

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to copy the Z developed packages from the system (i-Series) to one of my SAP SQL 2005 system. Is it possible and let me know the procedure with stpes to do it.

I would apprciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

debasissahoo
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Daneil,

Is there any specific need, that you need to transport the packages?

I guess you want to transport all the developed objects in the package to the target system. In that case, you can create a transportable request in SE10, then manually add the objects created under the package Z*.

You can find out the objects assigned to Z* package by going to SE03 > Change Object directory entry > give the information R3TR, DEVC, Z* in a new field over there. then execute. it will show the Z* packages along with the objects assigned to it.

Note - Depending on your transport layer structure you might need to change the package assignment to transport layer in the target system. As each package is assigned to a tr layer, the corresponding layer must exist in the target too (if its a development system, which I guess so) otherwise, objects would be saved in local change request when modified in target.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Debasis.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

martin_juen2
Contributor
0 Kudos

write the objects on a transport, release it and copy the datafile and the cofile to the other system (/usr/sap/trans/data and /usr/sap/trans/cofiles). After that got stms of the "new" system, add the transport to the import buffer an dimport it. thats all.

best regards,

Martin