cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copying Z developed packages to another system

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

I want to copy the Z developed packages from the system (i-Series) to one of my SAP SQL 2005 system. Is it possible and let me know the procedure with stpes to do it.

I would apprciate your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can create a "transport of copies" using SE09, copy the exported data and cofile to your SQL-server system and import it using STMS.

Markus

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you please give me the steps of transport copy from SE09 .I would appreciate your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Do following

launch SE10 -> create -> transport of copies -> give short description

and target system within your TMS landscape -> this will create a request -> double click on request -> click on change

now enter following value

Program ID -> R3TR

Object Type -> DEVC

Object name -> name of your Z package

press enter

click Release

import this request in target system.

regards,

kaushal

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks..still i have one doubt please clear it.

My target system in diffrent landscape now please tell me how to copy the z delevelopmed packges.

I would apprecaite your help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If your target system is in different landscape ( i.e not within transport route) then you need to perform manual transport by copying cofile and datafile of request from source server to target server cofile and datafile folder under /usr/sap/trans.

after copying cofile and datafile to target server execute tcode STMS_IMPORT -> extras -> other request ->ADD -> enter the request number

regards,

kaushal

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please correct me if I am wrong

concept:

I should know the transport request no of each Z developed package then corresponding cofile and data file should be moved onto the target system so there is no necessary for transport copy from SE09 since we are dealing with two diffrent landscape.

I would appreciate your help an suggestion

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

if you know the transport request no of each Z developed package then corresponding cofile and data file should be moved onto the target system. but you should have to know the object request number also. after moving development package you need to import the object request also.

so if you want to import all object within package then you need to create transport of copies.

you can do it by following also.

launch SE80 -> package -> zpackage -> press enter

under object name -> right click on your zpackage -> write transport entry -> all objects -> release the request. and import it on target system

regards,

kaushal

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

Please verify the below steps to be followed for my scenario and correct me if i am wrong.

Source system ( landscape A)

1) launch SE80 -> package -> zpackage -> press enter

under object name -> right click on your zpackage -> write transport entry -> all objects -> release the request.

target system ( Landscape B)

2) copy cofile and datafile of request from source server to target server cofile and datafile folder under /usr/sap/trans.

3) after copying cofile and datafile to target server execute tcode STMS_IMPORT -> extras -> other request ->ADD -> enter the request number

I would appreciate your help and suggestion.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes all the steps are correct.

In step 1 make sure that request was release successfully without any error.

regards,

kaushal

former_member201054
Contributor
0 Kudos

I will folllow the same

Answers (0)