Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Central Person is different from Person ID in IT709

aleemkazmi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am having a problem in figuring out how everything listed below works:

1. My understanding was if Concurrent Employment (CE) is implemented, these are the changes:

a. PERNR is no longer Employee Number, but it is called Personnel Assignment.

b. PERSONID_EXT is the Employee Number.

c. PERNR is related to PERSONID_EXT via Infotype 709.

d. To get all PERNRs related to a single PERSONID_EXT we goto Infotype 712.

If my above understanding is correct then:

1. For finding out what all assignments an employee is holding we have to get the PERSONID_EXT from PA0709 and then look up in PA0712 with the same PERSONID_EXT.

The above works fine for me. But when I look at the same thing via the FMs HR_PERSONEE_GETPERSON and HR_PERSONEE_GETEMPLOYEE, I get a totally different number for PERSONID_EXT.

If I look up in HRP1001 with the following criteria

OTYPE (Object Type) = P

OBJID (Object ID) = PERNR (Assignment Number)

PLVAR (Plan Version) = 01

INFTY (Infotype) = 1001

SUBTY (Subtype) = A209

I get the same value as returned by the FM.

So now my actual question: Is the Employee ID (PERSONID_EXT) different from Central Person? If No, then which logic is correct to get the correct Employee ID? If yes, then explain me the difference between Central Person (CP) and Employee ID (PERSONID_EXT).

Thanks.

Best regards,

Kazmi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Central person is the number which is generated as and when an employee is hired in the SAP system. This number is basically the part of PD table HRP1001.

External oersonID is the person ID which is stored in IT0709 and is visible for the external world. This has the reference to personnel number or personnel assignment.

This personnel number and person ID can be the same number and this is based on the T77S0 parameters --

CCURE PIDGN -> it has values like 1, 2, 3 and 4 for personID generation and the rule states as follows:-

The following generation rules are possible:

PIDGN = 1

The person ID contains the number of the central person (object CP).

PIDGN = 2

The number of the first personnel assignment (Pernr) is stored in the person ID for all personnel assignments of an employee.

PIDGN = 3

The value from the Personal Data infotype (P0002-PERID) is stored in the person ID for all personnel assignments.

In different countries the personal identification number is used for different purposes, for example, as social security number, as tax number and so on. If an employee has personnel assignments in several countries and the personal identification number therefore has different values, only one personal identification number can be used as person ID for this employee.

PIDGN = 4

You can define how the person ID is created using the HR_CE_PERSONID_EXT BAdI.

Hence, CP is internal to the SAP system, personnel number is what PA generates using the number range to access the employee and external person ID is used in the CE scenario to represent the employee to outside world (since a person has several personnel assignments / personnel numbers).

Hope it clarifies your doubt now.

Thanks & Regards, SWapnil Mishra

aleemkazmi
Discoverer
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Any updates? I just want to know if there is any difference betweeb Central Person from table HRP1001 and Person ID from table PA0709. I see two different numbres for the same PERNR in the above listed tables.

Could this difference be because we have both e-Recruitment and Concurrent Employment???

Best regards,

Kazmi

Matt_Fraser
Active Contributor

Hi Mohamed,

I have the same question today that you had in 2008, and it appears you never got an answer. We are using CE, and in trying to track down some data inconsistencies between PA and OM, I'm finding it difficult because HRP1001 records a CP value per PERNR (P object) which does not match the CP value stored in PA0709 for the same P object. This is clearly the difference between Central Person and External Person ID, both of which appear to be identified in relationships as CP objects, but I have not figured out what table or infotype stores the relationship between Central Person and External Person ID.

Best regards,

Matt