Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Product Costing - Issue Please help me

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The Requirement Is

How cost estimates are prepared for planning purposes only without impacting the current actual cost estimates, including projected raw material price increases.

In Detailed

They are currently having one costing variant PPC1 and this will update material valuation on release. They are asking how they can have another variant for use in plan values of 2009 only that will not update the material valuation.

Please hlep me in full fill the above requirement.It would be a great help for me.

Thanks

Sap Guru

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

What u need to do is:

1. create another costing variant

2. the valuation strategy in the valuation variant need to be changed to accommodate the future estimated price. U may have this future price of the materials in any one of the Planned Prices fields (either 1 or 2 or 3) in the materila master costing variant

3. the costing type can be changed so that the price will not be updated

alternatively, u can keep the costing type allowing the price update.

an this price update can be done to any field other than the standard cost field. So that you can use is for reporting purpose etc.

Hope this will answer your question.

Please award points suitably

Best Regards

Surya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Surya,

Your answer is very help ful.But i am not able to do it.Can you explain this clearly.

Thanks

Sap Guru

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

you can create another costing varaint with the same valautaion variant but a different costing type for this purpose.

in the costing type specify no updation of standrd price...you can give a planned price 1 field ect for information updation.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

vamsi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks For your reply.Can you explain this clearly.It would be a great hlep to me.

Thanks

Sap Guru