cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport request outof SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi there,

Can anyone tell me is it possible to transport request objects out of sap system.

for example, i have done the configurations in our server, and i want to transport all of the request to our clients' server. we are not able to use TMS to transport all of the requests.

we want to transport all of the requests out of sap. say is it possible to export the request objects from our system and import to client's sap box?

any responses will be awarded!

Regards,

Samson

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samson,

Yes it is possible to import external transports in a system which is not connected via STMS Transport Routes.Once you have created the transport request in your system and have included the objects in it. Release the transport request.

This creates two files in the a command file, co-file and a data-file, these will reside in the /usr/sap/trans/cofiles and /usr/sap/trans/data

directory respectively.

The co-file will have a naming convention of K<change request #>.CND.

The data file will have a naming convention of R<change request #>.CND.

Move these to the client server - /usr/sap/trans directory and copy these files in the cofiles and the data directory.

Once done the change request can be added in STMS for the system (go to the STMS import queue and then Extras -> Add).

Then you should be able to import it.

Please, award points if helpful.

Thanks, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your answer Dibya, it sounds a very good solution. but i am now facing a problem again. i am not able to find anything under these two folders after i release my TRs in SE09/SE10.

could you pls tell me what should the problem be? i customized my STMS as a single system.

Regards,

Samson

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Samson,

I believe your problem is that you are releasing this as a local change requests and hence it creates no command or data files.

This is true for local change requests. Do not have it configurd as a standalone system - at least have a virtual system to it to connect to.

Moreover, make sure these object do not belong to development packages which are local such as $tmp.

This should solve your issue.

Please, award points if helpful.

Thanks, Dibya

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks a lot, this is really helpful....

Answers (0)