Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BD64 Distrubution Model

Former Member
0 Kudos

What is the purpose of distribution

model in outbound IDOC

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The name itself suggests distribution model.

what ever the configuration part we done in one system, we can distribute the same in target system regarding partner and inbound process code.

let me know if you need any further details.

Regards,

Naresh.

5 REPLIES 5

Former Member
0 Kudos

search forum you will get lot of info on it

It identifies systems and messages that are exchanged between systems

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

The name itself suggests distribution model.

what ever the configuration part we done in one system, we can distribute the same in target system regarding partner and inbound process code.

let me know if you need any further details.

Regards,

Naresh.

0 Kudos

Hi Naresh,

As per my knowledge we don't require to do configuration in this transaction always for outbound IDoc

and is it applicabale to configure BD64 for inbound also?

0 Kudos

Hi Akshay,

You are right, I said the same thing. what ever the configuation we do in the sender side we distribute the same to target system.

Target system will be receiving the IDocs, the target system must know who is the receiver. At the same time sender must know, who is the receiver.

In BD64 give the sender logical system name and receiver logical system name and the message type which we are sending.Generate the partner profile and port profile. If we have any filters we can assign there and distribute model.

In target system, if it is a standard message type it will pick the process code for that and the IDoc is processed.

Regards,

Naresh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Distribution model is basically configured to control the flow of IDocs. Whenever any IDoc is supposed to be generated, it is routed according to the receivers configured for the sender under concern. Simultaneously the partner profile configuration is also checked for, and when the partner profile is not configured, the generated IDoc fails either in status 29(outbound partner profile missing) or in status 56(inbound partner profile missing).

The distribution model can be changed only in the system where it is maintained.

~ Bineah.