cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Automatic Check Printing For Post Dated Cheques

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI

Can anyone suggest me about the configuration in SAP system for automatic cheque printing for post dated cheques?

In normal cases we are using F-58 for cheque printing. In this case the cheque issue date will be same as posting date of the payment document.

Million thanks in advance.

SRINU

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

I understand you want to issue a post dated check and payment document date can be same date.

Normally current date or run date is defaulted in posting date field in parameters tabs of automatic payment program and which will be transferred to payment media and payment document.

To print post dated check (payment medium) enter required date in posting date field.

However, the date which falls in the period should be open to allow you to post and print the documents.

In our case we have grouped these vendors with different reconciliation account and opened the future period only for that reconciliation account.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ramesh,

Thanks For your Reply

Some how It was helpful to me..

As per your reply i have created a new vendor acc group, for that vend acc group i have given a separate recon acct 340001(Not regular vend recon acc) and done some config in OBYR for alternative recon accnt for creating down payment request (in my case this was a request for PDC).

in posting period table i have opened periods for the future also against below acc types

D010 is my company code & Posting period Varient

180230 is GL for Bank clearing Account

340001 recon acct for PDC vendor account group

300060 alt recon acct for PDC vendor acct group-Payment requests

For the above accounts i have opened the future period

Still when iam doing F-58 payment against a down payment request with a future posting date, system is given the same error ---Posting period 007/2008 is not open...

Please give your valuable usggestion in this regard.

Thanks,

Srinu...

Answers (0)