cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Restart the workflow if the workflow is already approved by VO.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have one requirements in which the invoice that created will be sent to VO(Verification Officer) for apporval.Once the VO approved the invoice in some cases i need to change the invoice in this case is it possible to reatart the workflow so that i can send the invoice back to VO for approval.Can anyone help me.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your requirement is not clear to us. Search for some events whether it is getting triggered on changing of invoice and use this event accordingly as triggering event of wflow.

Thanks

Arghadip

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur reply. Is it possible to trigger an event when i attach an image to an already created invoice.So that i can send the invoice again to VO for approval.

With regards,

Arun.

Former Member
0 Kudos

You will need to define a custom event and trigger that in a user-exit after invoice is changed.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Thanks for ur reply. Yeah but is it possible to create a custom event to trigger the restart of workfow when i attach an image to the invoice documen? Can u please provide a overall idea of how can i acheive this.

With regards,

Arun.

Edited by: Arun Rajan on Sep 29, 2008 9:14 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi arun,

Use event significantlychanged in swdd->basic data--> start events tab and you will able to do this.

do proper binding and activate it.

Or if you wanna go for customized method create BO using SWO1 by copying bus of po and then add custom method with appropriate parameters and in WF use wait step which waits for changed event.

Regards,

Purvesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun, Depends a lot on requirement and current design.

1.If VO is the only approver and you are ok to restart the workflow then you can skip the event part.

a. Search the relevant user exit.

b. look for current active instance of workflow for this document.

c. start a new instance and delete the old one.

2.If there are multiple approvers and you want to go back to previous one then you will need custom event

a. in user exit, trigger event.

b. in workflow, upon receiving this event you would need to pass the workitem to relevant approver. (can be bit complex).

hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks manish, i will look through the methods u suggested.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you are talking about FV60 based invoices(non Purch.Order based Invoices), then you have to use Bus. Transaction Events or BTE's to trigger your custom event.

And once you trigger this custom event in your User exit or BTE, if you want to use this event to Cancel the existing wflow instance, then put a Fork in the beginning with 2 branches : One your regular approval flow and another with "Wait for Custom.Event" branch. Under this Wait for step, put a "Process Ctrl" step to Cancel your existing wflow.

If you want to Cancel the existing wflow and Restart another instance of it, then go to do the following.

Go to Basic DAta of wflow tempate. Go to "Version Dependent" tab-->Events tab. In this give your custom event and in the Receiver type parameter, you can choose "Cancel & Restart wflow" option.

Need more help, reply.

Hope this helps

venu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Arun,

when you attach an image to the transaction then make sure the method 'confirm' is present in the BO. Also make sure the interface 'IFARCH21' is present in the BO. Once the interface 'IFARCH21' is present, you can see the event 'assigned' is present in the BO then this event will get triggerred whenever an image is attached to the transaction. Refer BO 'BKPF'. If you have a custome BO, then attach this interface, it will do the job. Also if want to pass this image through workflow attach BO 'IMAGE' in the step and pass it to other steps where ever you require. You can refer 'archivelink' documentation for more details.

Regs,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for ur valuable information.Can u please guide me to the documentation(please give URL) ur mentioning.

With regards,

Arun.

Edited by: Arun Rajan on Oct 2, 2008 12:00 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Padman,

Can u please give me a good idea about the method u suggested.I think your method is doable.

1.Do i need to create a program inorder to create a custom BO?

2.After creating the BO what are the steps i need to do?

Can u please help me.

Thanks,

Arun.

Answers (0)