Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Output determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I have 2 output types in the delivery header: OUT1 and OUT2

At any time, the system should determine only 1 output of these two (never both)

OUT1 is a specific output type based on Sold to customer (a specific customer#).

OUT2 is the generalized one; for all other Sold to parties.

I setup a common Access Sequence with 2 tables.

Step 10: Shipping Point/Shipment Type/Sold to Party (exclusive flag checked here)

Step 20: Shipping Point/Shipment Type

Condition Records

1. For OUT1: Defined a condition record only for first access (step 10) with a specific Sold To number. Here in Partner Function I gave SP.

2. For OUT2: Defined a condition record only for second access (step 20) with no Sold To number. But it wouldn't let me save without partner function, this is my problem.....If I give SP in partner function it determines both the output types, while if I give some other Partner function it never determines this output type (even when Sold to party does not match condition record of OUT1)

Any help is appreciated .

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For this you have to put in MM forums.

Anil

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I really appreciate your reply, but this is the same as orignial problem. I am working with the programmer to write a routine in the output determination procedure for my generic output type. Lets see if that works.

Regards,

suzy_bijnens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maybe you can keep identical access sequence for both output types and make sure you exclude all SP needing the first output in the condition records of the second output.

Regards,

Suzy

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank You so much for your reply.

I thought of the same myself but it doesnt satisfy the business scenario. Customers could added on later, so they want the generalized output type not to be Customer specific.

Please let me know if you have any other ideas.

regards,

suzy_bijnens
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have 1 more idea. Mark both steps (10 and 20) as exclusive in your access sequence.

After generating the output(s) check the determination analysis in your header output. Maybe this will give you a clue.

Hope this helps,

Suzy