cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PPDS - Production within a shift

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

We have a requirement to create orders spanning the shift length.

We figured out that PPMs have a production within a shift indicator, but have not been able to understand the functionality.

I will appreciate if you could explain production within a shift function with a simple example.

Thanks in advance,

Zeeshan.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Zeeshan,

Can you clarify what you mean by "PPMs have a production within a shift indicator".

If I remember correctly there is an option in the activity to say if an activity can span across non-working times. Let's say you have a 6 day working calendar and your shift end Saturday afternoon and starts again on Monday morning. So if an activity has the "shift indicator" on that means an order /activity can span across from Saturday to Monday i.e. the machine will be reserved for the order and not allow any other order from taking it on Monday. But if the flag is off then the order / activity will be scheduled to start from Monday itself such that it can finish completely before the next non-working time / shift kicks in. This functionality is useful in case u cannot afford to wait processing an activity of an order like pharma / speciality chemicals.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Answers (0)