cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

QAS and SAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anyone point me to some very beginner material about what QAS is?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

QAS is Quality Server, while Implementing SAP there will be different servers... Development, Quality and Production... Development will be done at the Development server and once tested and found acceptable will be transported to Quality where testing is done again and then Transported to Production Server where the end user will work.

Hope the above clarifies.

Jade

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

End user works on Production server

k k sharma

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Lucas,

Is your query answered ? Please come back with your opinion.

Regards,

Abhijeet

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As Jade above has mentioned about the various servers that gets involved during implementation, and also they are always there in an SAP system. But i think i would elaborate the things a little more, like Development server is the first starting point where the necessary configuration is done in SAP, based on the inputs received and as per the business requirements, then after approval of the config in development, it is moved to QAS which is a quality server, where again the config is checked and ensured that the required output is as per the requirements, then it is moved to Production server where the End users work and do the required transactions on the shop floor.

Now if for example you need to make any changes in the config or any other master data changes as per your new requirement then it is first changed in QAS and tested and then it is migrated to PRD(Production).

Hope this makes the things clearer. If any more clarifications, do write in.

Regards,

Abhijeet