cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Entry Point Not Found

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to upgrade SAP 2005 to SAP 2007 on a terminal server and I am getting this error.

SAP Business One.exe - Entry Point Not Found - The procedure entry point getaddrinfo could not be located in the dynamic link library WS2_32.dll. Does any one know what this means or how to resolve this?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you talking about the Client / the Server component?

Former Member
0 Kudos

It is for the Client. I did find this:

Cannot open B1 application with Microsoft Windows error

SAP Note Number: 1244501

Symptom

You are trying to run the SAP Business One application.

With certain operating systems you might encounter the following error message: The procedure entry point getaddrinfo could not be located in the dynamic library, and the application does not start.

Other terms

Windows, OS, Version, Release, 2007, Error, dll

Reason and Prerequisites

Application error

Solution

SAP plans to fix this issue in a patch for Release 2007 A. See the info.txt file on SAP Service Marketplace to confirm that the fix was included.

So now I am wonder on the Release that I am installing.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Could you try to un-install the 2005 Client completely, restart the Terminal Server and then install the 2007A client.

Which Operating system are your running this?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Microsoft Windows 2000. I will look to see if I have the 2007a available to me to just install.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

I don't think SBO 2007A is supported on MS Windows 2000

System Requirement Document - https://websmp101.sap-ag.de/~sapidb/011000358700000310652008E.pdf

Are you having the Business One Server on one Server and the Client on the Terminal Services Server or how is the topology?

Former Member
0 Kudos

The business one server is separate from the terminal server. So you are correct. I am not seeing that they left me the 2007a complete package to install I only have the upgade. So can not uninstall the 2005 and install the 2007a.... I may have to wait till my reps can help me with this.

former_member583013
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Check my previous reply which I updated..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Please check SAP note# 1029359 entry point not found BFFramework.dll Error for your reference.

Although it is not exactly the same file, the suggestion by SAP should be valid fo your case too.

Thanks,

Gordon