Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

user exit issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am trying to learn user-exit and I am trying to enhance the transaction VA01. I am now on the point of clicking the INCLUDE ZXVVAU04 so that I can put E_KUNNR = '2155' in the include (that was written on the lesson that I am following). problem is that when I click the INCLUDE ZXVVAU04, it wont open (my lesson says it should open) and would just raise the message "Program names ZX... are reserved for includes of exit function groups".

Can you pls tell me what's happening?

[see this image|http://i338.photobucket.com/albums/n440/googleb0y/album1/userexit001.jpg]

thanks for the help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

former_member723628
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jabbar,

You are implementing a function-module exit (a type of enhancement) provided by SAP.

Function Module exits are always shipped with a non existing include whose name starts with "ZX". The name space "ZX" is reserved for includes of function module exits. If you want to implement the exit you have to double click on the include name. This triggers a warning message as system is creating a new repository object which falls in SAP name space. Since this is only a warning message you can hit enter after the message is displayed to continue with the creation of include. You would require to assign the include to a project and save if for the first time.

Hope this addresses your doubts.

Gajendra

2 REPLIES 2

former_member723628
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Jabbar,

You are implementing a function-module exit (a type of enhancement) provided by SAP.

Function Module exits are always shipped with a non existing include whose name starts with "ZX". The name space "ZX" is reserved for includes of function module exits. If you want to implement the exit you have to double click on the include name. This triggers a warning message as system is creating a new repository object which falls in SAP name space. Since this is only a warning message you can hit enter after the message is displayed to continue with the creation of include. You would require to assign the include to a project and save if for the first time.

Hope this addresses your doubts.

Gajendra

0 Kudos

Gajendra you solved my issue. I gave points. thanks.