cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

regarding install base

Former Member
0 Kudos

1)could u tell me functionality of install base with examples.

2)Ex: can u map the volvo buses in the install base(here i am using 1 i base per 1 product) any one can map this.explain briefly?pls help me.

With regards

sudheer

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

An installed base can be described as a multilevel structure of installed base components for managing objects (for example, devices, machines, software) that are installed, or are going to be installed on site at the customer site. An installed base can represent the reference basis for services.

An installed base describes the hierarchical structure of these objects and their individual parts (components).

Installed Base Management is integrated in service processes, service contracts and the Interaction Center.

Example

An installed base can be, for example, a kitchen appliance, an elevator in a building or all elevators in the buildings of the firm xy.

An installed base can also include a complex object, for example, an airplane with all service-relevant parts or an airplane that has not yet been constructed, whose parts should be managed as related parts from the planning and construction phase onwards.

Regards

Srinu

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sudheer,

Functionality of Installed Base

Installed Bases are used to uniquely identify a Serviceable Product in a customer Premise. You use installed based to determine the location ,floor , desk of the product that you intended to repair. It is an integral part of the SAP CRM Service Functionality. You can have a look at the following link for a detailed description of the usage and structure of installed base.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_crm50/helpdata/en/bb/00eb39b600272ee10000000a11402f/frameset.htm

Installed Base mapping of Volvo Buses

For the mapping of the installed base you have to identify the individual Object components. IObjects or objects are the unique components that are used to make the volvo. So, you can construct an IBASE in the following way.

Bus1 - Ibase Name & Description.

1. Product Component - Associate all the higher level product Like Engine, Chassis, Electrical etc.

2. Text Component - Associate all the Parts which will describe the location mode specifically like - Body into 2 parts, Driver Section and Passenger Section.

3. Ibase Components - Associate all sub Ibase that are maintained for the Volvo. Like Engine into further parts and Body into further subparts.

4. Iobjects - Use this to map all the unique objects that are used to make the volvo. Each and every components must be mapped specifically.

5. Gap Components - Use this if something is missing in the bus.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Samantak.