cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESS Record Working Time .. Restrict Time Entry with Relative limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi SDN Users,

We are using ERP 2005 and EP 7.0 with webdynpro java ESS applications for Time, Travel and Personal Information.

In the ESS Record Working Time application, a user can scroll to any date he or she wants in the past or in the future and record/edit working times. The application does not take into consideration the setting made in the time entry profile for relative limit.

Please suggest the best way I can include this in the webdynpro application for Record Working Time. (in other words I would like to restrict the users to NOT be able to scroll before and later than 1 week from the current week).

Can this be achieved by modifying any ABAP program / BADI / User Exit (OR)

Would this require Webdynpro Code changes ?

Please suggest some changes if any one has gone through a similar requirement.

Thank You,

Salome

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

>

> The application does not take into consideration the setting made in the time entry profile for relative limit.

> Salome

Yes.. this setting is read by CAT2 but not the WebDynpro.. SAP responded to my OSS msg that this functionality is not available.. If not for the Enhancement options in ERP6, this would have been a show-stopper for us.. our users aren't allowed to go back beyond six pay periods from the current.. I had to enhance the source code using a couple of Over-Write Methods in the backend. to meet our requirement. You don't have much leeway in the WebDynpro Java code either,to acomplish the same..

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Suresh,

Thanks for your response. (I am trying to have this accomplished using webdynpro code changes - and still working on it. You are right- there is not much leeway in the WebDynpro Java code).

You said "If not for the Enhancement options in ERP6, this would have been a show-stopper for us.. ". Did you mean that these changes

were done via an enhancment spot / BADI ?

Can you please throw some light on how did you achieve this?

If you can share the code changes that would be great (OR)

If you can point me to the right FM / Program where you made the changes, I would appreciate that.

Thanks for your time.

- Salome

suresh_datti
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As an alternative to Siddharth's suggestion.. ie if you wish to use the Enhancement options..

Pl take a look at the implicit enhancement options in CL_XSS_PT_DATE_SELECTION.. focus on the Methods SELECT_DATE & SELECT_DATE_INTERVAL.. Put external break points in both these Methods & run the WebDynpro.. You can now decide where to plug-in your validations.

~Suresh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Suresh and Sidharth - Thanks for your quick and efficient replies (as usual).

I will revert back if I have any questions further.

Thank you very much for your time on this thread.

- Salome

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Suresh

We are in the same boat right now. Since its been 2 years, do you have any idea whether this issue is fixed now? Could you please let me know.

Thanks, Raj

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

no it is still not available, use the exit as above, but soon this will be considered in new EHP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone Can anyone please guide on how to achieve the above functionality. Is Abap the obly option ? as i need to restrict the weekly view in portal for record working time. help appriciated thanks in advance. Regards Vijay

siddharthrajora
Product and Topic Expert
Product and Topic Expert
0 Kudos

Currently this is a missing functionality, For now you have to make use of the user exits. ie

The user can see data for all the periods. If you want to prevent the user from changing the data in the past/future period then you can make

use of the user exit CATS0003 (Validate Recorded Data). Kindly refer to the documentation for further information.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Check the Data Entry Profile configuration..!

Vijay