Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transport Requests during Customisation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Friends

Please clarify the belowu2026.

While making a Customization change and Save I get a Transport request popup on my screen. Can you let me know how it works?

a) Create Request

b) Own Request

Can you explain me the above, when we click Own request its takes us to the already existing requests in the SE09 screen, does it overwrite the previous request?? Also if we do a customization change and we generate a request, now after sometime we go and revert the change and we get a request that time do we have to overwrite the previous request??? Please get back to meu2026

Jade

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

a) Create Request - here you can create a new request so that teh changes made in this customising node will be save in this request.

b) Own Request - You can use the existing request which may have many other customizing changes. In this case the customizing changes are saved in this request. The request will beshown only if it is not released.

c)your question - "does it overwrite the previous request" it will not overwrite..it will add to the existing trequest.

d)your next question - now after sometime we go and revert the change and we get a request that time do we have to overwrite the previous request - Yes in this case it will overwrite and take the latest change as the effective one and transport to other system.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your quick reply Rajesh... I have the following Clarification..

b) Own Request - You can use the existing request which may have many other customizing changes. In this case the customizing changes are saved in this request. The request will beshown only if it is not released.

The Request will be shown only if it not released??? I couldnt understand this??

Also when we make a configuration change in a Development server 600 does it apply to all the development servers(Dev.900, Dev.800, Dev.700)?? or do we have to transport to all the Dev clients and then after testing to QA and then to PRD??

Please clarify the above..

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Once you create a request, then you need to release the request, otherwise you cannot transport the request to other clients.

Check SE10...

Once you do any change in Dev 6000, if the change is client dependent, then it will not be refletected Dev.900, Dev.800, Dev.700.In this case you need to release the request and transport to other clients.

If the change is client independent, then this change will be refelcted as soon as you save the data in Dev 6000.

Hope it is okay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear,

Once you create a request, then you need to release the request, otherwise you cannot transport the request to other clients.

Check SE10...

Once you do any change in Dev 6000, if the change is client dependent, then it will not be refletected Dev.900, Dev.800, Dev.700.In this case you need to release the request and transport to other clients.

If the change is client independent, then this change will be refelcted as soon as you save the data in Dev 6000.

Hope it is okay