cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partner function in Output Determination

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello everyone!

I am desperately in need of help, I guess like everbody else :).

I have 2 output types in the delivery header: OUT1 and OUT2

At any time, the system should determine only 1 output of these two (never both)

OUT1 is a specific output type based on Sold to customer (a specific customer#).

OUT2 is the generalized one; for all other Sold to parties.

I have a common Access Sequence with 2 tables (accesses)

Step 10: Shipping Point/Shipment Type/Sold to Party (exclusive flag checked here)

Step 20: Shipping Point/Shipment Type

Condition Records

1. For OUT1: Defined a condition record only for first access (step 10) with a specific Sold To number. Here in Partner Function I gave SP.

2. For OUT2: Defined a condition record only for second access (step 20) with no Sold To number. But it wouldn't let me save without partner function, this is my problem.....If I give SP in partner function it determines both the output types, while if I give some other Partner function it never determines this output type (even when Sold to party does not match condition record of OUT1)

Any help is appreciated .

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Not really answered, just closing it.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Vik,

You have two choices

1. Let you config remain the same

for one o/p type-- define the specific SP

for the other, maintain the rest of them except this one.. there is no limit so you could maintain many.. you can upload them using LSMW if you do not want to do it manually

Else,

Use 2 different access sequences for your message types.. omne with condition access governed by a Specific SP, the other is generic.

Edit the requirement(9__) for the 2nd message type, and hard code logic saying if it is the first customer, do not genereate the 2nd message.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Pavan,

I was thinking on the same lines, just that....new output types with new customers might be added later into the system.

I was thinking of making a customer group in the customer master of the specific output type customer. And then have the routine check for this customer group. I believe this is a more extendable solution.

But I do appreciate your help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Vik,

you have to create two shipment type because both type of shipment are totally different like one shipment type for sold to party(your specific customer) and another shipment for "sold to parties(general) in which out put type and partner function you can assign according to the requirement. If you select u201Cshipment type 1u201D then you will get the output as per your requirement and same in the case of u201Cshipment 2u201D.you can assign same partner function in both output types.

The thing you need to do is to assign u201Coutput type 1u201D in u201Cshipment 1u201D and u201Coutput 2u201D in u201Cshipment 2u201D.

Also you can also assign output type in shipment manually.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Atul,

I understand what you are saying, but the business scenario is such that it is only the Customer # which differentiates the two Output Types. For eg. Shipment Type: 'Truck Load' can be either output on the delivery header (OUT1 or OUT2).

I appreciate your help, but if you have any other ideas