Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to provide the user authorizations to webdynpro application

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear all,

I want to provide the usre authorizations to the wda what i have created, as we don't have protal intergration time being.

Please suggest me how shall i provide the user authorization to the application(URL) with our considering the portal.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

posted in other forum

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You can assign an authorization object to the SICF node that represents your Web Dynpro Application. Go to transaction SICF, query for your WD application name and double click on the node name and choose change mode. On the first tab (Service Data) in the Service Options section there is a place for the SAP Authorization Object.

You can of course also program authorization checks directly into the logic of your Web Dynpro Components using the AUTHORITY-CHECK keyword.

former_member188831
Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for you reply, even me too gone through the examples and applied the AUTHORITY-CHECK.

so there are 2 ways of handled authorization checks.

but do i need to create my z* authorization object or any standard object also i shall use .

from se80/others i tried to create ahtourization object, but there are somany things i need to specify not able to understatnd all those, can you put more light on what i shall mention while creating authorization object, just i want to validate the user whether he is allowed to access it or not.

Thanks,

mahesh.gattu

thomas_jung
Developer Advocate
Developer Advocate
0 Kudos

You are in the wrong forum to ask how to create an authorization object. That process isn't specific to Web Dynpro ABAP. You should ask that in the security or the general ABAP forum.