Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Changes in MPOS after post Golive

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

As of now i am in the support project.

I have the requirement of adding new characteristic in the MPOS .My MPOS has 7 characteristics.there are nearly 70000 CVC's available in it.

This process involves following step :

Step1:First of all i need to take back up of the planning area data into the Info Cube.

Step 2: I have to add a new characteristic in the devolpment server and transport it to quality.

Step 3: In quality server i need to test it, if it works properly in the quality then i have to transport it to Production Server.

Then what would be the 70000 CVCS will it get deleted .

If deleted then i need generate CVC's again from the backup Cube.

Experts please throw some light on it.

with regards

Preetam

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Preetam,

See, if you want to add new characteristics any how you have to deactivate the MPOS & result is CVC`s get deleted.

So first try it in dev. by copying everthing means MPOS, PA, PB & Data View. Then take backup of PA. Download all the CVC`s on Excel. Deactivate the MPOS & add new characteristics in to MPOS. Activate MPOS. Add CVC`s with addition of new characteristics values in to MPOS.

Then copy data from Info Cube to PA. if you will get successful data in to PA. Then go for your regular MPOS, otherwise dont go further.

As per my understanding addition of new characteristics in to MPOS is not feasible. Before finalise MPOS char. always keep one or more char. in to MPOS. So that it will be useful for further details improvement of CVC`s.

Hope so it will helpful for you

Regards

Sujay

somnath_manna
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Sujay,

I do not necessarily agree with keeping a dummy characteristic in MPOS.

What will be the value in it XXXX.

Preetam,

Anyway addition of a new characteristic to an MPOS is technically feasible but not practical in case of Production system having large data volume (read CVCs). If your number of CVCs > 65K+ then Excel cannot help any more (max no. of rows reached).

But what Sujay mentioned as a process is correct except that all keyfigure data needs to be backed up to an Infocube from current MPOS/PA.

Then deactivate the PA, MPOS, add new characteristic in MPOS, activate, generate CVCs again - need to decide how to add value for the new characteristic. Also CVC values other than the new characteristic must match that of data stored in backup cobe from previous MPOS/PA.

One option can be to build an additional intermediate Infocube with the newly added characteristic.

Fill in data in this infocube from the backup cube with new characteristic value populated via an Update Rule.

Then you can generate CVCs for fresh MPOS from this intermediate cube.

Activate the PA and load data from the backup cube. Note the level of aggregation should be matching all charcateristic except the newly added characteristic. As a result keyfigure data in fresh PA will be disaggregated into CVCs.

Hope this helps.

Somnath

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Somnath,

You can maintain value for Dummy Characteristics as "X"....& if you want get real value for that char. then with realignement, you can change it...

Answers (0)