cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Project material from Unrestricted plant stock.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

While running MRP thru MD51 system creates Planned order or Purchse requisition for the materials which are already available as unrestricted stock in stores.As per my view system shuld not create PR or Planned order for stocked material.How to avoid this ?

Rgds

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Shrikrishna ,

While running MD51 select MRP Control parameters , Create Purchase Requistion as"3" , planned Orders , System will create all the planned oders for the perticular project .

Then goto MD04 with the Perticular Material , System will check for the available stock for that material , if available it will generete Reservations , else u can convert planned order to PR

Regards

Hemant

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

In my project we are using @ 5000 to 6000 compoenents.If for individual material user has to go for MD04 then it is time consuming.

Rgds

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Basically SAP looks at project stock differently. since it assumes that the same material code stock differs in characteristics when it comes to project. That is even though our required material is in stock it may not be suitable to our project (project requirements are highly specific) Hence it does not consider this stock. You need to run the reservation report for the project and write a BDC to transfer all the material available in the stock (if all materials are transferable). next run the MRP. These materials transfered will be blocked against the reservation based on the availability check settings.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

MRP run (MD51) will not look at plant stock in the case of MTO/Project stock materials. It will only look at the stock position in the stock segment (i.e, WBS stock, or groupingh WBS stock as the case may be).

Regards

Murali

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi ,

Is there any way by which we can check the unrestricted stock in MD51 ?

Rgds

Edited by: Shrikrishna Rasam on Oct 22, 2008 3:15 PM