cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webservices

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

I want to use webservices in webdynpro for java application.

Can someone please tell step by step process to create webservice and also to use in webdynpro.

It will be nice if i get some tutorials on this.

Thanks,

Rajani

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (7)

Answers (7)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have created a simple webservice by following the steps given in the below link.

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwce10/helpdata/en/44/4d2bb1c6b00597e10000000a155369/frameset.htm

But the WSDL is not working.

http://inld50047034a.dhcp.blrl.sap.corp:50000/HelloService/HelloBean?wsdl

The URL is throwing "404:not found".Can anyone please help me?

Regards,

Saranyaa

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

When u create the webservice wsdl.xml will be created.To get this u need administrative rights.

go to http://<host>:port>/index.html(EP server)>web services navigator>enter uname and password-->u get the wsdl for the respective web service.

Regards,

Srikanth Reddy.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajani,

Do the following to expose an java application as web services.

1) Go to NWDS -> open perspective ->j2ee -> select EJB Module Project ->create a project with name as u like

2) RC on ejb-jar.xml --> Select new --> EJB

3) Select Stateless session Bean

4) After that Expand ejb-jar.xml and then select the CalculateEJB and double click on this on method tab double click you will get business method where you create the methods for business logic here I take business methods like add with two parameters n1,n2 and so on (Here you can have any business logic as per your requirement)

5) Now Double click on CalculateEJB and then RC on bean tab and write required business logic in bean window as follows(based on requirement you will design a business logic

6) Rebuild your project

7)To delpoy this ejb application in EAR file you create Enterprise application project as

File -->Enterprise Application Project -->create a project (NameEAR)

8)Here you will have ear projects and then you select specific project required for your application.(here select CalculateEJB)

After that your EAR project will be available on j2ee explorer.

9) Right click on Calculate Bean here select New-->Web Service > give a name to webservice and select Default configuration type as simple SOAP .>click next --> Finish.

10)RC CalculateEJB --> Build EJB Archive RC on CalculateEAR -->Build application archive

11) After this you can tesst your web service in j2ee engine by clicking your web service.

12)There you will get an wsdl url which is needed in your Web Dynpro java application.

13) In NWDS create a regular Web Dynpro java application.

14) In model creation take web service model instead of adaptive RFC model, there it will ask you the wsdl url. You need to give this url to create model.

15) Finish your application by creating the view and mapping it with context.

I hope this will help you in creating a simple web application and exposing it as a web service and then using it in web dynpro application

Thanks

Sagar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Thank you very much for the replies.

Sagar : In point 14 you mentioned "there it will ask you the wsdl url. You need to give this url to create model."

From where will I get this url? How do I create it?

Thanks,

Rajani

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi rajani,

You can get the wsdl url from the application server console where you have deployed your web service...

there itself you can test the web service by giving inputs and get response .......

hope your doubt is cleared ....

if not then you can again shoot it out

Thanks

Sagar Ingalwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI rajani,

when you create the webservice from the j2ee application and deploy it in application server.....wsdl file is generated...there are various methods to use this wsdl file to consume this web service..... in SAP EP(web dynpro java) you only need to give the url of this wsdl to create the model....... in BEA Web logic portal you have to create a service control(controller class) and consume the web service.......

I hope your doubt is cleared....

Thanks

Sagar Ingalwar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks all.

Former Member
0 Kudos
Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For a webservice a wsdl.xml will be created.Using that u can import webservice into ur webdynpro app.

In ur web dynpro project create a model using import adaptive RFC model.

Give the wsdl.xml url .

The respective Webservice will be imported.

Depending upon the structure , create the context in the controller and use it in ur application.

Regards,

Srikanth Reddy.T

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

creating webservices

/people/thomas.jung3/blog/2004/11/15/bsp-150-a-developer146s-journal-part-xiii-developing-abap-webservices

exposing - publishing to UDDI

consuming

please go through this link u will know hoew to create web service

Regards

Ruturaj

Former Member
0 Kudos