Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what ditermines the checking rule

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear experts!

Thank you for your attention!

I am confused with "checking rule". I know the checking scope is determined by checking group and checking rule

When we creat a order, the MPR3 in material master determines the checking group, but what ditermines the checking rule???

Best regard!

Tangdark

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

System automatically determines the checking rule for eg: normal sale order A, MTO sale order AE, delivery B etc.

Regards,

GSL.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you very much!!!

You are a great man!!

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Tangdark,

Checking rule

A rule that defines how the availability check is performed.

The checking rule, in conjunction with the checking group, determines the scope of the availability check for every business operation; that is, which stocks, receipts, and issues are included in the availability check and whether the check is performed with or without the replenishment lead time.

I hope this will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks.

however, I don't understand the note of checking rule in performance assitant.

it said that:

"Note that you must define checking rules for each individual application. Therefore, you define the checking rule for reservations via the configuration menu for production orders, for example. On the other hand, in Sales and Distribution, the checking rule is specified internally within the system and cannot be changed."

I am confused with "the checking rule is specified internally within the system and cannot be changed."

Is that mean the system automatically determines a checking rlue for ceitain sales order type or material when we creat a order??

Is there anything used for system to determines a checking rlue for ceitain process??