cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy Standared Chart of Accounts

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear friends, is there any problem if i copy Standared Chart of account (india) to my indian client.

Pleas tell me the adventages and disadventages in this regard?

Thank you

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Yes it is recommended. If you copy such reference chart of accounts, you will get all the configuration settings according to India. You will not have to change the currency settings and all such things provided if your business process defers from Standard Settings.

Regards,

Jigar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for your fast repply.

Sir can you justify the your recomendation with what above our friend answered me?

Because i am also having these two types of diversions in my mind...

if i copy from Standared COA, i need not to go obyc or any integration part much more, system will take care of all.

But in standared COA, system not followed any number range sequences.

this can be looks like ugly and i am thinking that if number ranges are in systematic way, we can generate any report in between any number ranges. So my doubt is if i follow Std COA then how client can understood this unsequence number range?

Thank you sir

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Alternatively, Just copy Company Code by EC01. You will be asked first of all to Copy GL Account from Reference Company Code. Simply Click NO, because you want to create GL Account by your own. You can also create the chart of account by your own by OB13.

By such way, you can define your own scenario by copying company code.

Regards,

Jigar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi friend,

I have copied Standard COA along with GL accounts, and at that time i have changed currency from ERO to INR. My problem is now i am not able to see all the GL's in INR in T code : FS00 ))...

in FS00 i am able to see all the list of GLs (through F4 button on Account feild)... and i selected on of the GL account from that list.

then system error is "account 231050 does not exist in company code XXX" ... can you guide please?

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Dasu

It generally does not make sense copying std COA (CAIN)

becasue the Account Groups are standard, you can give better options toyour client, make as much a/c groups as client needs for thim to sort a/cs easily.

There are so many a/cs in CAIN which your client may not need, why create unnece.

You have to anyway add news a/cs that your client needs. so better create fresh a/cs group and add all accounts under one of them and upload it via LSMW

Thanks

Sanjay