Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAP Query Transporting

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello All,

There is no clear explanation on how to transport INFOSET, QUERY or USERGROUP(if needed be).

There are other ways like downloading and uploading but not the typical Transporting(STMS)

Is there a way to do it in STMS way? Please tell us how to do so if anyone knows. I prefer to do it in STMS because it generates transport request/logs for SOX compliance.

Thank you so much in advanced!

Regards,

Jay

6 REPLIES 6

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

goto se03 transaction.

click on change object directory entries.execute.

give R3TR AQQU <query name> and select check box and execute.

here if u press f4 for object type u will get object types for infoset,usergroup also.

just press AQ* and f4.

now add those also to ur request.

now in app tool bar click obj dir entry ,click change ,give package.

it will ask for request save and transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I get the idea, but, how do I add it to my request if i don't have my transport request yet?

do i need to transport SQ01 first and when it generates transport request I need to go to se03 and do the process and when creating a package and transport request ill just input the previous transport request?

Edited by: jay on Sep 27, 2008 12:01 PM

GauthamV
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

if u assign ur object to any package it will automatically ask for request.create a request.

u can save ur objects in tht request and transport.

Former Member
0 Kudos

First: Infoset->Environment->Transport

In SAP Query: Transport tool: Export, Overwriting allowed, Transport Infosets and queries and the generate

transport request was generated

Now i go SE03 and did your instruction (I inputted the package we used and inputted the same transport request number)

I already realeased it SE10 and STMS but when i checked in the new client it was not transported...

PLease help.

Edited by: jay on Sep 27, 2008 1:59 PM

former_member188685
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

you can transport using SQ02.

check the program RSAQR3TR and its documentation , it is well documented.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Used Import and Export functionality in query to transport to other box