cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Month forumla

Former Member
0 Kudos

i have a table that includes dates and times in numerical format and i am using a table to pull the month from this field using the following formula MonthName(month(),true) with the data being shown in a a cross tab. The problem is the months are shown in alphabetical order and i would like it to be sorted by order of the calender. Any suggestions? Of course if i show the field in numerical order it is correct but i prefer it to show by month name.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rod,

Try below Steps:

1. Go to u2018Formatu2019 Menu Option >> Click u2018Cross-Tab Expertu2026u2019 Select the Formula Field which is displaying Month Name.

2. Click on u2018Group Optionsu2026u2019 >> Select the sorted order u2018in Specified Orderu2019 from drop down list

3. You will get a new tab u2018Specified orderu2019 added in the Cross-Tab Group Options

4. Select the Month Name One by one from the drop down list in the Order you want.

5. Click OK.

Regards,

Alpana

Former Member
0 Kudos

Close but no cigar.. the table contains data in the following format 05/01/1999 12:00:00AM and i have created a custom formula called month with the following formula.. MonthName(month(),true). If i use the suggestion from Alpana i do not get anything listed in teh drop down menu, it's empty. Any other suggestions?

Former Member
0 Kudos

datepart('m',cdate({Pr_po_rcpts.Crt_Dte}))

this will give you then numeric value of the month

group by that

then place your month name formula in the group field

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can just pick your date field in your crosstab, then change the group options to by month instead of by day.

Close out of the Crosstab Expert, and then right click on the date heading, and choose Format Field.

Pick the March 1999 style, then click the Customize button.

Click the Date tab, then change the Year dropdown from 1999 to None. Click OK twice and test.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Rod,

In the sorting expert instead of using the formula which you have created use the field from which you have extracted the month. I hope this will solve your problem.

wishing you a productive day

Pradeep.