cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dinamic Query in Excel

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello i am working in a company that whants to include excelsius in their reports, but the problem is the following. They whant a behavior like this...

Main plant <-> Business Units <-> Cost Centers <--> Details and whant a roll back if one of the cost centers are not in the target area so sending the info like this <--- to an status icon so the manager can have a warning icon if some of his business units are out of the target zone and drill down to the problem.

But Xcelsius doesnt give to many option so i try to do it in excel, i make a query that updates my info if every time my "filter cell" has a change, very usefull when doing reports, so i thougth of using 4 querys in 4 spreedsheets so i can administrate the data and not loading all in the excel... excel doesnt sopport it and obviusly xcelsius is out of question.

So questions

Can Xcelsius export parameter to the querys in any kind of conections and how does it do it?

Configuring the querys like add -ins in excel can be and option?

Or do you have and idea on how to do it?

Restrictions

I have xcelsius 2008 engage and microsoft office 2003. The trail is almost done and i have to make a desicion if Xcelsius its work buying.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi robert,

what is your data source?

I am not sure if Xcelsius Engage can do this, e.g. you can pass Excel-Cells as parameters via LiveOffice to a WebI-Reports which directly retrieves the data from a database on demand. Therefore it's possible to pass parameters from Excel/Xcelsius to a query.

Best regards

Ulrich

http://xcelsius.uhambuch.de

Former Member
0 Kudos

How it's possible to pass parameters from Excel/Xcelsius to a query.? I have pass parameters form Excel to a query using the cells but that doesnt work on the Xcelsius Engage Trail that i have, do i need the Server version?, how do i do it in Xcelsius? or is there another way?. The database manager is MS SQL Server 2003.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I consult the link you post and re-configure the refresh boton to only use of the component know it appears me a msg error #2032. I am still interested in how to pass parameters to a query from excelsius, live office its not an option.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

Did you make any progress on this, I also have a client that wants to pass 3 paramters to drill down. .

I'm stuck on both ends,

On one end I wanted to finalize this using a web service in VS.Net 2008 see =>

Secondly, if that didn't work, I was hoping to pass queries to an Excel Web Query.. since in Excel as a stand alone it works perfectly, but I have not found a way to do this in Xcelsius. .

Thanks.