cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can one Crystal Report could contian Current Month, YTD and ITD data?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am trying to build a crystal report and be able to show data in summarized format on single report containing data for the current month, year to date and Inception to date.

The difficulty that I find is the date ranges. Current month date range is different from YTD and ITD date.

what would be the best way to show such data on crystal report? is there a sample report available that can help me to produce such report?

your help will be highly appreciated, thanks!

regards,

Mansoor

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mansoor

Were you ever able to create this type of report? I have been trying to do the same thing to no avail.

If you have created one I would love to see the code.

Thanks

Joe Morris

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey Joe,

if you have CRXI, take a look at the sample reports

Record Selection on Date Range has some good examples

you can do this with multiple Groups

create a formula

in to currentdate

( this group will cover your inception date to currentdate)

second group will be a date group also, select year as your print by option for this group.

3rd group also by date,

select month.

add fields to your details section, select the field, right click and select summary location,

(add to all groups)

you can then supress footers and headers as needed.

Hope this helps.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Create two formula fields: MTD and YTD as follows (respectively; basic syntax):

if {date} in MonthToDate then
  formula = {value}
else
  formula = 0
end if

if {date} in YearToDate then
  formula = {value}
else
  formula = 0
end if

These can be summed over whatever grouping you have and will show the MTD and YTD totals. Summing will give you the ITD total.

HTH,

Carl

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Greetings Mansoor,

For your report you can group the data by date and apply the summary option using running total or summary expert. If you donu2019t want to group you can insert a sub-report that would hold the summary detail. You can group the data in the summary report which you can make it as a drill-down report (as a hyperlink). You will have to use grouping option if you create a sub-report.

Wishing you a productive day

Pradeep