Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Splitting a Sum from one group member to the remaining members

I am working with a finance chargeback report, which groups by Building and then by Department. But I can't figure out how to get the Summary of one group result to be able to distribute that summary over the other department spaces (spaces that don't have a department listed in {table.dept} field) .

GROUP1: LIBRARY BUILDING

GROUP2: FINANCE <Sum SF>

SALES <Sum SF>

ADMIN <Sum SF>

<Sum SF> so I want to take the Sum SF from the blank, divide it by the distinct count of GROUP2 but only if the list of GROUP2 has a group that's .

I have a formula that splits it, but unfortunately it does it for any GROUP1.

Does anyone have an idea on what I could do or what I need to research to accomplish this distribution to the other Group Members?

Thanks

Former Member
Former Member replied

Greetings Penny,

For getting the summary fields on your report you can make use of running total option. Right click on running total -> create new -> write down the running total name ->select the filed to be summarized-> select sum for type of summary-> in the evaluate section let the radio button u201Cfor each recordu201D be selected -> in the reset option select the radio button u201Con change of groupu201D and select the required group for which you want to calculate the summary. This particular running total field can be placed anywhere on the report.

I hope this will solve your problem. Wishing you a productive day.

Pradeep.

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question