cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Display report parameter in ASP.Net page

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I am creating a report scheduler tool for my company. User will select the report to be scheduled, a page with the parameter will be prompted. User enters the value and hit the save button. This parameter page is created dynamically at runtime.

When the user save the values, I need to capture parameter values and save to database.

In ASP.Net page, when you create the controls dynamically, it is not available during the postback.

Can someone help me with some solution.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Are you using Crystal Reports for this? If so, what version of Crystal reports are you using and what version of .NET are you using?

When you say:

" This parameter page is created dynamically at runtime."

Are you refering to the Crystal Reports "parameter page"?

Ludek

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello

I solved the problem using the Viewstate in ASP.Net form. My problem was retrieving the value from the textbox.

Thanks for your thoughts and helping me solve this issue.

Thanks

former_member208657
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When you pass a parameter value to a report it will be stored in the CurrentValues collection. Have you looked at the ReportDocument.ParameterFields collection? This is a collection of ParameterField objects. You'll want to loop through and save all the CurrentValues from the ParameterField object.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Ludek

1) I use Crystal Reports 2008.

2) At run time based on the user selection, I create a report parameter page in ASP.Net form dynamically.

The reason I do this is to capture the parameters entered by the user into the database and run the report later during the night as batch process.

I hope you understand my requirement.

Thanks

Pranesh

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Umm, not really. OK, I understand the you:

1) Create a report parameter page in ASP.Net form dynamically

2) Capture the parameters entered by the user into the database

Then you have some sort of post back issue...

So far, you have not used Crystal Reports in the above(?). Where ' how does Crystal Reports come into play here?

Ludek