cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tolerance key PP - Lower limit

Former Member
0 Kudos

We have configured tolerance key PP with lower limit of 0$ for both absolute and percentage. When I try to post the invoice with a lower price, I receive a warning message that the price is too low (which is correct).

The problem is that when I try to post this invoice, it is getting posted without being blocked. Since the lower limit is defined, shouldn't the invoice be blocked when it is below lower limit defined.

Is there any other setting that I need to make to ensure that the invoice is getting blocked when it is posted below the lower limit defined? Please help. Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi MG ,

I dont think system blocks the invoices for payments if your variance exceeds LOWER tolerance limit... it only works for UPPER Tolerance limit.

Pls try it for Upper limit , if it gets blocked.

I read it somewhere in SAP help ... Sorry , couldn't recall the link of the same.

Regards

Shrey

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks to both of you! Here are the limits that I defined:

Price variance

Absolute lower limit

Check limit X Value 0,00

Absolute upper limit

Check limit X Value 0,00

Percentage lower limit

Check limit X Value 0,00

Percentage upper limit

Check limit X Value 0,00

Based on the limits defined, an invoice should be blocked when it exceeds either upper or lower limit. The upper limit is working fine. However, the lower limit is not causing the invoice to block.

Eg: PO net price is $100. I post an invoice with price $50. This lower price is not causing the invoice to block.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear MG,

I have the same problem as you described in 2008. Can you tell me if you found a solution to block invoices from which the lower limits are exceeded?

Thanks in advance!

Best Regards,

Lien

sidi_reghioui
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi there

I think you better shoudl open a new thread and post your problem in detail.

You sure 'll get an answer.

regards

Sidi

Former Member
0 Kudos

PP: Price variance

The system determines by how much each invoice item varies from the product of quantity invoiced * order price. It then compares the Variance with the upper and lower limits defined (absolute limits and

percentage limits).

When posting a subsequent debit/credit, the system first checks if a price check has been defined for subsequent debits/credits. If so, the system calculates the difference between (value of subsequent

debit/credit + value invoiced so far) / quantity invoiced so far * quantity to be debited/credited and the product of the quantity to be debited/credited * order price and compares this with the upper and

lower tolerance limits (absolute limits and percentage limits).

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

what is lower price for which you posted in invoice.could u tell amount??

one thing to consider is though u posted low value blocking of invoice depends on settings you defined for tolerance key for invoice verification.there fore check tolerance key definition "pp" which will help you to solve problem.