cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error 0x800401f3

Former Member
0 Kudos

I developed several reports against an MS Access database. Life was good. Now, however, when I try to run my reports AND/OR try to preview a report in Crystal Reports Designer I get a logon error with a hex code of 0x800401f3.

What the heck is that!

This Access database is very simple and has no logon credentials. So clearly, it cannot be that. Furthermore, in other parts of my C# code I write to and read from tables in this same database so all my own code still works fine.

Does anybody know what this can be?

Thanks,

Rodger

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Same problem: connecting to simple data source for a new or existing report.

I tried to use report wizard to connect ot very simple Excel or Access data, but keep getting this error.

Logon failed. Details: Error Code: 0x800401f3

Any sp would fix this? My Version: CR 2008 - 12.0.0.683

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please try the following:

1. Close all the programs.

2. Click Start >>Run.

3. Enter the following:

regsvr32 "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO\dao360.dll"

4. Click "OK".

If the DAO DLL is not present then download it and place it at the location C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\DAO and then register it.

Now start Crystal Reports Designer and try to create reports using MS Access DB.

Regards

Manish

0 Kudos

Please re-post if this is still an issue to the Data Connectivity - Crystal Reports Forum or purchase a case and have a dedicated support engineer work with you directly

Former Member
0 Kudos

No, this is not just a CR Designer question, because when I try to show a report with the Crystal Reports Viewer embedded in my .NET 2.0 ASPX pages I get the same logon error.

Furthermore, in my code I don't use the Access database for the reports viewer because I set the report object's datasource to point to a DataTable.

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Right. However, if it does not work in the CR designer, it sure will not work at runtime. Get it resolved in the designer first, if it still fails at runtime after that, come back to this post.

Thank you for your understanding,

Ludek

former_member183750
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

This forum is for .NET development. As this is an issue in the Crystal Reports Designer, please post to the Report Design forum:

Ludek

Former Member
0 Kudos

is this:

Logon failed.

Details: Error Code: 0x800401f3