cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

LinkToAction passing the Value to action?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi @,

I need to create a col in table which has LinkToAction where I need to pass the corresponding value to the action and then perform rfc call based upon this value .

How can I pass this value to Action ?

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

With "value" you probably mean some attribute value of the node element that is displayed in the link's row, right?

You can get that node element by mapping the (implicit) event parameter "nodeElement" of the "onAction" event to some action parameter of type IWDNodeElement or I<DataSourceNode>Element. Search the forum and you will find tons of examples.

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thnks I tried that In my case I am using a model node through mapping hence I am not able to get the element directly so I tried using IWDNodeElement But wasn't able to retrieve the desired valuwe of the column element out of it.

Can you please suggest how to retriev the value from IWDNodeElemnt as it doesnt have any method to do the same ?

Regards,

Edited by: BeyondThe obvious on Sep 27, 2008 1:44 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you searched this forum for "parameter mapping"?

Armin

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arwin,

I tried seraching and found the same way using parameter mapping but the problem is not able to convert IWDNodeElement to table column hence couldn't proceed in tht direction.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos