cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CR2008 Migration issue with XI 3.0 and BI7

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi There,

maybe somebody else has discovered this problem or has an idea of what is causing this.

I am working remotely with a customer and the migrated a CR08 report from their BWE to BWD. Everything works fine. We run the Post Migration and publish the report from BW to XI 3.0. The report works fine in Infoview and the DB settings point to the correct BW data source.

We open the report in CR from BW and verify the report points to the correct data souce.

However when we try to view the report in SAP GUI we get prompted to log on to BWE not BWD.

We verified all seetings in the workbench and the URL Handler. We even verified SCC4 settings that allows changes.

Under RSA1 thougn we see a setting for Crystal Reports that says no changes allowed. Could that cause the problem?

Anything else that I should be checking would be great to hear about.

Thanks,

Stephan

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the connection will get set during the publishing process. means the actual report on BOE has the correct setting, the report on inside the BW box will point to the original system

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

thanks for the answer. This is clear. Nevertheless the customer states that when they were using CE10 they were able to view Crystal reports in the GUI as well without getting a log-on prompt to the old system?

Is there anything else that they need to do to make that work?

Thanks,

Stephan

adil_madid
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try to re-publish the report from CR to BW.

Adil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I agree with you but the problem is that the customer refuses to do that. He states that it worked in CE10 and is expecting it to work with XI3.0 as well.

In their environment they don't give publishing rights out to people.

I am just trying to find out if the prompt they get in the GUI is really to be expected or if there is a way to get around this.....

Thanks,

Stephan

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

calling a report from inside the SAP GUI (example role menu) will get to a prompt for a logon to the app server because the SAP GUI is not able to provide a token - which is done via the logon to the app server

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

that really is not the issue.

The issue is the prompt they get after that to log on to the box they migrated the report from. I understand that the report will continue to point to the old BW box. If I am correct a republishing from CR to BW would overwrite that. But the customer don't want that. They claim that in CE10 after migrating a report from one BW to the next they were able to view the report in the GUI without getting a prompt to the old BW box.

I am not sure if that is expected or if there is anything that can be done on BW to prevent the prompt to the old BW?

Thanks,

Stephan

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Stephan,

first of all they need to publish the report after they transported the report form BW1 to BW2 because without publishing the report the actual report is not present on BOE and can not be viewed.

During the viewing of the report from the SAP GUI the user will get prompted first for the token and after that he should get SSO to the SAP system.

so the prompt I assume is CR viewer database logon screen. this can be because the report has the wrong connection string of because SSO fails.

Ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

thanks for your prompt replies. Really helpful.

The customer did indeed publish the reports to BOE from BW. We had no issue with that.

The customer can view those reports in Infoview and it points to BW2 as expected. We open the report in CR and it points to BW2 as well.

Just in the GUI we get the prompt for BW1 after the WAS prompt.

You are right. We get the viewer DB log-on prompt.

Is there a way that we could proof that SSO is failing?

Any suggestion what we could do?

I tried tracing from BOE but those traces are blank so I assume that BOE is not getting anything.

Thanks,

Stephan

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I assume you calling the report from the GUI entry in BW2 and NOT in BW1.

SSO :

- all machines need to be fully qualified

- all machines need to be in the same domain

- BW needs to create and accept tickets

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo,

your assumption is correct. We are calling the report from BW2.

SSO :

all machines need to be fully qualified

THEY are

all machines need to be in the same domain

THEY are

BW needs to create and accept tickets

They setting is made under RSA1 to accept and create tickets.

Is there a chance that this could still fail? Are you aware of issues with that by chance?

Any other idea you have that I could test. I did a bunch of traces but nothing showed up. Do you have an idea of a trace that would be helpful to set?

Thanks,

Stephan

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

SSO configuration is not RSA1 - its RZ10.

Check the Installation Guide for the exact configuration steps.

which logon screen does show up at the end ? BW1 or BW2 ?

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

sorry you are right. RZ10. I mixed that up.

We get the BW2 prompt.

Cheers,

Stephan

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

- and the reports have been published from BW2 ?

- reports are called from BW2 ?

- reports have the correct connection string on the BOE side ?

- profile parameters are set ?

check the items from the installation guide

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

and the reports have been published from BW2 ?

yes as said before

reports are called from BW2 ?

yes as said before

reports have the correct connection string on the BOE side ?

looks like it.

profile parameters are set ?

yes

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the connection string of the reports on BOE and check the SAP source settings on BW2 in the Content workbench

ingo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Ok, done this for the 5th time now and it still is correct.

I have a question though. When I do a test for a report on my test box viewing a report from the GUI I get a url link portion like this:

......ispatch.jsp?bw_id=D3ZMZDCCPZRZZVVDAA73ZUWNI&cmsname=VAN...

The customer sees this:

dispatch.jsp?sap_client=450&cmsname=Servername.domain.com:6400&language=EN&sap_sysid=BW2&bw_id=4B9TK5UVY8AC9OT6KUJUX74JI

I see that the order is different for the bw_id plus while I just have bw_id the customer sees his sysid &bw_id

Is there an explanation why this is different?

The connection string in BOE itself just points to the report ID given to the report. And those are different for BW1 and BW2.

If I check the URL when viewing the report in the GUI the URl never changes.

Is there an issue by the bw_id because that BW1 and BW2 have the same?

Thanks,

Stephan

IngoH
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

the values for the URL are picked up from the definition in the system (content workbench)

ingo

Answers (0)