cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What reports are currently being viewed by InfoView XI R2

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is there away to run a query in query builder or somewhere to get a list of what reports are being processed by the pageserver? Or being viewed / run ad hoc in InfoView?

I'm looking for more real time data, and not historical data you get with the audit database.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

ted_ueda
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Not with the Page Server - I'm assuming you'd not want to trace the Page Server, and filter through the log files.

Sincerely,

Ted Ueda

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

BasicTek
Advisor
Advisor
0 Kudos

From the admin launchpad you should have a tool called instance manager. You can view jobs based on state or user in there, if you require more detail there is another tool called query builder which will allow you to submit custom queries based of the SDK to the CMS.

Regards,

Tim

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am not sure if there is a way to view a list of reports being refreshed at a given time in the system though.

The Audit DB can probably give you a historic view of reports and analytics refreshed, but if you are looking at some record of ad-hoc querying and pageserver activity at an instant, then I don't think you canb directly get that information.

I would love to know if such a feature does exist in the platform some place!

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm familiar with the Instance manager and the Query Builder.

The instance manager only shows me the status of jobs being process on the job servers though. Not what is being rendered by the pageserver.

I was thinking I would use the query builder for this, but I have not idea what 'tables' or 'columns' to select from. I have never seen any documentation on using the query builder.

I'm not sure that the pageserver trace logs would be usefull. Maybe if they provided the ID for the report or something like that. But even still not sure we would want the performance hit.

-Thanks.