cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Control Parameter value in Infoview

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I want to know whether there is an option in Infoview to fix the parameter values based on the user who has logged in or any othe similar actions.

What I want to do is

I have one report which gives data for different departments. I have included one parameter Dept Name , based on which report data is distinguished.

I want to fix this parameter for some users like "Accounts" department user can only view data for Parameter "Accounts" only. or "HR" for "HR" only. but "Management" can view data for specific department or all department. This parameter is List of Values.

The report is working fine. only thing i need to do is to "fix" the parameter value as "Accounts" if any user/group of ACCOUNTS logs in. He should not be able to choose any other parameter value like "HR" or "MANAGEMENT" etc.

I am using BO X1 R2

Thanks

Edited by: Kamal chawla on Sep 26, 2008 10:43 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kamal,

The option that you are looking out for is possible through Business View Manager. Commonly it is called as the "Row Level Security". you can also use Designer to achive the task.

In Business Views Manager Data Foundation, you can define a filter which will identify the user and based on the the credentials used for logging on to the Enterprise. By doing so, the user with appropriate right will be able to see data he is entitled for.

The filter would appear something similar to the below example: -

Employee.Employee_Name =

Some points to remember : -

1. The table must contain the list of users defined in Central Management Console.

2. These users must be a part of the respective groups.

Once this report is published to Infoview, the data which that group of users are entitled for will be shown.

Please do let us know if you have any further questions.

Regards,

Abhishek Jain.

Answers (0)