Skip to Content

Archived discussions are read-only. Learn more about SAP Q&A

Replication of Materials and services from R/3 to SRM

Hello,

I would like to get some advice about replicating materials and services from R/3 46C to SRM 5.0.

I replicated the objects succesfully in Development and the Test environment but now i have to do it in a Productive environment.

We use about 40.000 material and 5000 services in R/3.

Im concerned about the timing of the process.

How long will this aproximately take to replicate this amount of data?

What will be the best time to start replicating?

Is there any inconvenience in replicating during the normal working hours?

What happens if a user is currently using a material during the replication process? Is the material replicated anyway?

Thanks for any advice.

Aart

Former Member
Former Member replied

Hi,

How long will this aproximately take to replicate this amount of data?

This depends on the Production System Resources and the processes available. But for the number you have projected here should not take more than 2 - 3 hours at the max.

What will be the best time to start replicating?

Is there any inconvenience in replicating during the normal working hours?

What happens if a user is currently using a material during the replication process? Is the material replicated anyway?

It better to perform the activity during the night / production outtage time. Ideally users should be allowed to use them after the replication process. So, please do not perform this during business hours or when there are end users in the system. You can just trigger the replciation in the night and it should be completed in few hours. Besides, if there are any background activities the workprocesses will be occupied (very common in business hours) and hence there will not be enough processes for the replication job. This will increase the time for replication by many folds.

Hope this solves your problem.

Regards

Kathirvel

0 View this answer in context
Not what you were looking for? View more on this topic or Ask a question